Animal Pest Control Experts: Centereach, NY’s Most Trust Squirrel Exterminators – and More!
Squirrels are cute little critters. Their fluffy tails and silly antics are certainly enjoyable to watch, as long as you’re watching them from afar. When squirrels move into your home, they’re no longer cute; they’re a serious problem. From damaging your property to potentially spreading diseases and causing injuries, squirrels can pose serious problems when they move inside.
Dangers of Squirrel Infestations
It might not seem like an animal as cute as a squirrel can do much damage, but it’s actually surprising how much destruction these little critters can cause and the dangers they can present.
- Property damage. The sharp claws and powerful jaws of these animals can do serious damage to your home. They can gnaw through wood beams, dig up insulation, chew through electrical wiring, block up chimneys, and leave their urine and droppings scattered about your home. As you can imagine, the damages that squirrels can cause can cost a pretty penny to repair; not to mention the major inconveniences you’ll have to deal with.
- Diseases. Squirrels are hosts to various types of parasites, viruses, and bacteria, which can lead to serious diseases in humans and other animals. The diseases they carry can be transmitted through urine and fecal matter. They can also carry ticks, fleas, and other parasitic pests on their bodies. Exposure to the diseases that these animals carry can put your health and the health of your family at serious risk.
- Odor problems. If you have squirrels living in your house or around your property, it’s only a matter of time before you start to notice foul odors. Like any other animal, squirrel droppings and urine have a pungent odor, which, over time, becomes extremely apparent. If insulation, wood, carpets, and other materials become saturated with their waste, trying to remove the smell can be a major and costly endeavor.
Telltale Signs of a Squirrel Infestation
Squirrels are very common in Suffolk County; in fact, they’re one of the most abundant species of wildlife in the region. When they’re in the wild, where they belong, squirrels are pretty harmless; it’s when they move into your house that they can become a serious problem.
It’s surprising to find how many homeowners don’t realize that squirrels have moved into their homes until the damages these animals have caused become extensive. The key to preventing major problems is to take a proactive approach and remain aware of the signs that indicate squirrels have taken up residence in your house.
- Odd noises. Keep your ears open and listen for the sounds of squirrels inside your home. Bumps, scratching, scurrying, gnawing; if you listen close enough, you’ll probably hear the sounds that they make before you ever see them. You’re most likely to hear these sounds coming from the ceiling, as the like to take refuge in attics and crawlspaces. If you have a chimney, listen for squirrel sounds here, too, as they love to build nests inside these dark, warm, and enclosed spaces.
- Visible damage. Inspect your house for signs of visible damage. Teeth and claw marks in wood beams, on walls, and even in your roof, evidence of nests, and chewed electrical wiring are all signs squirrel damage.
- Odors. If you notice a pungent odor that smells like urine and/or feces, especially coming from your attic, crawlspace, ceiling, or chimney, that’s certainly an indication of a squirrel problem.
How to Handle a Squirrel Infestation
If you notice any of the above-mentioned signs of a squirrel problem, it’s important that you act quickly. Trying to remove them yourself is not recommended; it’s a job that is definitely better left to a professional squirrel exterminator. Not only is banishing them on your own difficult to do, but it can also put you in serious danger.
A reputable exterminator will have the knowledge and experience that’s necessary to safely and successfully remove these troublesome pests from your property. The sooner you act, the better. These rodents breed where they nest and give birth to multiple babies at a time, so even if you have just one in your home, you could soon have several; and obviously, the more squirrels that are living in your house, the more damage your property will sustain.
Animal Control Experts: Suffolk County’s Most Trusted Pest Control Company
When it comes to animal control services in Suffolk County, no other company provides faster, more efficient, and more affordable services than Animal Control Experts. Not only are we the first company that Centereach, NY homeowners call when they’re in need of a squirrel exterminator, but we’re also the first company they call when they need:
- Raccoon removal
- Rat exterminators
- Possum exterminators
- Bat removal
What sets us apart from other animal control companies in the area? It’s our complete commitment to customer safety and satisfaction. We take a comprehensive approach to pest management, which includes:
- A thorough evaluation of both the interior and exterior of your property.
- Proper identification of the species of animal, which is crucial for successful eradication, as different animals require different approaches for removal. For example, if you have a raccoon problem, our raccoon exterminators will need to use different techniques than our squirrel exterminators.
- Planning and implementation of the best plan of attack, which will be determined based on the type of animal(s) that have invaded your home.
- Recheck and monitoring to ensure that we have successfully banned the pests from your property.
Give Us a Call and Banish Those Pests Once and for All!
No other pest control company in Suffolk County offers more thorough, efficient, effective, and affordable services than Animal Control Experts. If you want to banish those pests once and for all, do yourself a favor and give us a call! To find answers to your questions or to schedule an appointment, dial 631-458-1678 today!
- Learn more about Centereach, NY 11720
- Open a Centereach, NY map
- Find the Centereach, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Centereach, NY pharmacies
- View the current Centereach, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Centereach, NY public and private schools
- Centereach, NY is located in Suffolk county in New York State