Animal Control Experts Provides Bat Removal Services in Hewlett Bay Park, NY
Bats are abundant in Nassau County and they play a crucial role in our ecosystem. The species of bats that live in our area thrive on a diet of insects and can eat up to 8,000 per night, including mosquitoes. Thanks to their diet, bats are an excellent form of natural insect control. Without them, your yard would be swarmed with pests and virtually unusable.
While bats are certainly beneficial, they can become a serious problem when they move into your house. These animals can cause extensive property damage and carry diseases that can be harmful to humans and pets. Do you have a problem with bats? If so, contact the Animal Control Experts, a reputable Nassau County pest control company that offers bat removal services.
How to Tell if Bats have Invaded Your Home
In Hewlett Bay Park, NY, seeing bats flying around at night isn’t unusual; what is unusual is sharing your home with them. Since they are so prevalent in this area, there’s a chance that bats will take refuge in your house at some point. How can you tell if these animals have become a problem? If you notice any of the following signs, you should contact an animal control company as soon as possible.
- Bats close to your home. As mentioned, seeing bats in Hewlett Bay Park is pretty common; seeing them right near your house, however, could be a sign that they’re nesting inside. Head outside at dusk or dawn and look toward your roofline; if you see bats entering and exiting your house, that’s a surefire sign of a problem.
- Odd sounds. Hearing strange noises coming from your ceiling or inside your walls? Scraping, scratching, squealing, or squeaking sounds? If so, there are a chance bats have moved into your house; however, these sounds could also be an indication that you need rat extermination or raccoon removal services, as strange sounds are also attributed to other pests.
- Guano. The presence of bat droppings, or guano, is a telltale sign of a bat infestation. It’s small, black, and shiny, and it can be found in the areas where these animals roost and near the points where they enter and exit their roosts; for instance, you might find a collection of guano in your attic or crawlspace, on your deck or porch, or in the gutters.
- Stains. Bats have oil on their coats, and as they enter and exit their homes, they can leave residue behind. Check for black stains near openings in your house, such as by the soffits or around the vents in your attic. If there are any holes in your roof or siding that are surrounded by black marks, you may have a bat problem.
How do Bats Get into Your House?
Like all other species of animals, bats seek shelter in warm, dark, dry locations, making attics, crawlspaces, sheds, and garages the perfect location for them to nest. But how do they get there? There are a number of ways these animals can enter your home and other structures on your property.
- Windows and doors. Open windows and doors are a welcome invitation for bats. Since bats are so prevalent in Hewlett Bay Park, leaving doors and windows opened without screens or with damaged screens can definitely increase the chances of these critters getting inside.
- Gaps and cracks. If there are any gaps or cracks in your siding, roof, fascia, or soffits, bats can get inside. These animals are very agile and can squeeze themselves into very compact spaces.
- Chimneys. Another way that bats can get into your home is through the chimney. While chimney caps are intended to keep animals out, they can become damaged and provide an easy point of entry for bats.
What to Do when Bats are in Your House
If you’ve spotted any of the signs that indicate bats are in your house, don’t attempt to handle the problem yourself. Not only can trying to remove them on your own be dangerous but typically, DIY attempts aren’t successful. There are a lot of bat removal products on the market, but they usually aren’t safe, as they often contain chemicals that can be harmful to humans and to the animals. While you want to rid your house of these pests, you don’t want to injure them, as they are such an important part of the ecosystem.
As soon as you spot the signs of a bat infestation, contacting a professional animal control company that specializes in bat removal, like Animal Control Experts, is recommended.
Animal Control Experts Offers Bat Removal Services and More
The team at Animal Control Experts has received extensive training in the safe and effective removal of bats. Our technicians will confirm the presence of bats, determine how they’re getting into your home, and safely remove them from your property. We take great care to avoid harming the animals and relocate them to locations where they can’t pose a threat of becoming a problem for you, or for other homeowners. After removal, we’ll seal up any points of entry to prevent future infestations.
Animal Control Experts has successfully removed bats and various other pests from properties throughout Nassau County. In addition to being bat removal experts, we’re also Hewlett Bay Park’s most trusted squirrel exterminators, possum exterminators, and raccoon exterminators. We use the most advanced techniques and state-of-the-art tools and equipment to remove all types of pests.
Putting Nassau County’s Pests to Rest
If you’re ever in need of an exterminator or pest management professional, look no further than Animal Control Experts. Offering fast, effective, and affordable results, you can have complete peace of mind knowing that our technicians will put your pests to rest. To schedule an appointment or to learn more about our services, please call 631-458-1678 today!
- Learn more about Hewlett Bay Park, NY 11557
- Open a Hewlett Bay Park, NY map
- Find the Hewlett Bay Park, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Hewlett Bay Park, NY pharmacies
- View the current Hewlett Bay Park, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Hewlett Bay Park, NY public and private schools
- Hewlett Bay Park, NY is located in Nassau county in New York State