Animal Control Experts: Nassau County’s Raccoon Removal Specialists
When the residents of Nassau County are in need of an exterminator, there’s only one company they call: Animal Control Experts. As an established animal control company, we have successfully removed various types of pests from homes throughout the area. Our team of highly trained technicians have the skills and knowledge to quickly and effectively remove the pesky varmints and insects that are plaguing your property. When our team is on the job, you can have complete peace of mind knowing that your home will be returned to safety. With the pros at Animal Control Experts, you can rest easy knowing that your extermination needs are in the most qualified and capable hands.
VarCounty County is home to all types of wildlife, including raccoons. As a Plandome, NY homeowner, there’s no doubt you’ve come into contact with these critters at some point. Wooded areas are their natural habitat, but is that so much of Nassau County is wooded, they’ve become a real problem for Plandome residents.
Raccoons are nocturnal creatures, so they’re naturally more active at night; however, they are also known to prowl around during daylight hours. Like all species of animals, raccoons have strong survival instincts and seek food and shelter Where’s the perfect place for these critters to find what they need to survive? – It may just be your home! While their intention isn’t to harm, they can damage your property and spread disease; plus, they can just be a real nuisance.
Signs You Need Raccoon Removal Services
Sometimes, the signs of a raccoon problem are abundantly clear; others, they aren’t as obvious. Being that infestations of these pests have become such a problem in Nassau County, there’s a good chance that some unwanted visitors will move into your home at some point.
Be aware. If you notice any of the following signs, you’re definitely going to want to contact a professional raccoon exterminator.
- Scattered garbage. Are your garbage cans knocked over every morning? If so, it’s a surefire sign that you have a raccoon problem. For raccoons, discarded food waste is a feast and trash cans that are filled scraps are a five-star restaurant for these critters. To gain access to the food, they climb on top of waste receptacles, knock them down, chew holes in the sides; they’ll do whatever they can to gain access to the tasty treats that are tucked inside.
If you find that your trash cans are knocked down and your yard is littered with garbage, it’s almost certain that raccoons are the culprits.
- Tracks. Raccoons create footprints that look similar to tiny hands. Check around your property; especially around your garbage cans. If you see track marks that look like they may have been made by raccoons, these unwanted visitors are probably lurking on your property.
- Strange sounds. Screams, chittering, snarls, and snorts; raccoons make a wide-range of distinctive sounds. If you hear strange noises – especially at night – and you can’t relate them to another animal, it may be a sign of a raccoon problem.
- Scratch marks. Check around the bases of trees, along your porch, deck, stairs, sheds, or other structures. If there are any visible signs of scratch marks, raccoons could be to blame. If you notice any long, coarse hairs that are black or gray in color and see any oily residue near the marks, you may have unwanted residents living on your property.
Dangers of Raccoons
Sure, they’re part of wildlife and like every other animal, they’re an important part of the ecosystem, but raccoons can cause problems for humans and other animals; especially if they’ve become a permanent fixture on your property. Some of the dangers these animals present include:
- Disease. Raccoons can carry a variety of parasites, viruses, and bacteria that can be harmful to humans, such as salmonella, giardiasis, roundworm, leptospirosis, and even rabies. Though rare, there is a risk that you could contract diseases caused by the parasites, viruses, and bacteria these pests carry.
- Pet problems. If you have pets, there’s a chance that raccoons could be a danger to your four-legged friends, too. There have been many reports of raccoon-related dog and cat injuries throughout Nassau County. If they feel threatened, they could attack your pet, cause serious injuries, and/or transmit diseases.
- Destruction. Raccoons can also cause serious damage to your property. They are known to nest in basements, attics, garages, and other dark, remote locations. Scratching, digging, urine, and feces can result in extensive, costly damage to your property.
Raccoon Removal Plandome, NY
Because of the potential problems that raccoons can cause, removing them is in your best interest. Trying to rid your property of these pests on your own can be challenging; not only can you put yourself in danger, but you may not be successful at eliminating them. To avoid danger and achieve effective results, contact a raccoon exterminator that has experience in handling these animals.
Animal Control Experts, a leading Nassau County pest control company, has experience in handling the eradication of raccoons. With the fast, effective results we provide, you can rest easy knowing that your home will be returned to safety. Our technicians remove other types of pests, too. If you’re in need of a squirrel exterminator, a rat exterminator, a possum exterminator, or bat removal, we’ve got you covered!
Don’t put your safety in jeopardy; as soon as you suspect you have a pest problem, call the Animal Control Experts. As soon as you contact us, we’ll send a team of professional exterminators to your home. Using advanced equipment and proven techniques, we’ll make
sure your property is free and clear of pesky and potentially dangerous vermin.
Put Your Pests to Rest with the Animal Control Experts
If you suspect you have unwanted visitors on your property, contact the pest control company that Plandome, NY residents trust the most: Animal Control Experts. We put all types of pests to rest. Dial 631-458-1678 to learn more about our services or to schedule an appointment.
- Learn more about Plandome, NY 11030
- Open a Plandome, NY map
- Find the Plandome, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Plandome, NY pharmacies
- View the current Plandome, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Plandome, NY public and private schools
- Plandome, NY is located in Nassau county in New York State