Need a Possum Exterminator in Suffolk County? Give Animal Control Experts a Call!
Animal Control Experts is a highly reputable Suffolk County pest control company. For years, our exterminators have been helping to restore the safety of Smithtown, NY homeowners with comprehensive animal removal and extermination services. We specialize in the eradication of all types of pests. Whether you need raccoon removal or a raccoon exterminator, you require the services of a squirrel exterminator, you have a rat problem on your hands and you need a rat exterminator, or you’re looking for bat removal services, Animal Control Experts is the first company you should call.
Our team of experts are highly trained and are truly masters in animal control and removal. You’ll be hard-pressed to find another pest management company that offers the same level of quality that we provide.
Do You Need a Possum Exterminator?
Possums are abundant in Suffolk County. Generally, these animals are quite harmless; in fact, they can be beneficial, as they eat a tremendous amount of ticks and other pests that are known to be problematic for humans. However, there are times when possums can become a threat; especially if they’ve moved into your home, another building on your property, or if they have taken up residence around your yard.
How can you tell if you need a possum exterminator? Some of the signs that indicate these critters have become a problem include:
- Property damage. Like other species of animals, possums seek out shelter in warm, dry locations, which means your home, garage, or shed is the perfect spot for them to call home. Scratch marks, torn shingles, broken gutters, and damaged siding are all signs that can indicate a possum infestation. As they climb and work their way into interior spaces, these animals can do some pretty extensive damage.
- Audible sounds. Possums are known to make a wide range of vocal sounds, such as shrieking, hissing, and clicking. They also make noise as they attempt to find refuge inside and they build their nests; you might notice scratching, tearing, bumping, or scurrying noises.
- Odors. If you have a possum problem, you’re bound to notice the smell of urine and feces. These pests eliminate frequently, and if they do so inside, it can be absorbed into insulation, wood, and other building materials. The more excrement, the more pronounced the smell.
Where to Check for Possums?
Possums, like other wildlife pests, look for shelter in dark, enclosed locations. Any area within your home or any other structure of your property that’s dark, enclosed, and removed from human activity is a spot where possums can potentially invade. Some of the most common locations where homeowners find these critters include:
- Basements, especially near appliances, such as boilers
- Under decks and porches
Inspect these areas regularly, especially if you live in a wooded location, as there’s a definite chance that you could have unwanted visitors in your home. As their natural habitat is destroyed, possum infestations are becoming a growing problem in Suffolk County, so don’t be surprised if you encounter these animals on your property at some point.
When to Call a Possum Exterminator
Generally, possums are pretty docile and keep to themselves; they don’t like to interact with humans and other animals. However, if you notice that you have a possum living on your property, it’s in your best interest – and the best interest of the animal – to contact a possum exterminator. While they usually don’t intend to cause harm, possums can carry pests, such as ticks, fleas, lice, and mites. They’re also carriers of various types of diseases, which can be transmitted and harmful to humans and pets. Plus, possums can cause damages to your property that could require costly repairs.
To avoid the risks of disease and damage that these animals can present, contact a possum exterminator as soon as you discover one is living on your property is highly advisable.
Possum Control for Your Smithtown, NY Home
The team at Animal Control Experts offers removal and extermination services for all types of pests, including possums. Whether you suspect they’ve taken up residence on your property or you’re 100% certain, contact us today! Our technicians will provide you with fast, efficient, and affordable possum control for your Smithtown, NY home.
As soon as you contact us, we’ll send a team to your location, that will arrive on time and with all the tools and equipment they need to get the job done. We’ll perform a complete inspection to confirm that possums are the problem and to pinpoint the exact location where they are nesting. After assessing your property, we will determine the best course of action to take to safely and effectively remove the animals. We’ll also perform rechecks to confirm that the possums have, been successfully removed.
No other company in Suffolk County provides more thorough animal removal and extermination services than Animal Control Experts. To schedule an appointment or to find out more about our process and services, please give us a call at 631-458-1678 today! We look forward to working with you and restoring the safety of your home.
- Learn more about Smithtown, NY 11787
- Open a Smithtown, NY map
- Find the Smithtown, NY United States Post Office
- Locate nearby Smithtown, NY pharmacies
- View the current Smithtown, NY weather report
- Browse a list of Smithtown, NY public and private schools
- Smithtown, NY is located in Suffolk county in New York State